1. Room on the Broom by Julia Donaldson The witch and her cat are happily flying through the sky on a broomstick when the wind picks up and blows away the witch's hat, then her bow, and then her wand! Luckily, three helpful animals find the missing items, and all they want in return is a ride on the broom. But is there room on the broom for so many friends? And when disaster strikes, will they be able to save the witch from a hungry dragon?
2. Fright Night Flight by Laura Krauss Melmed First stop, off we pop to a craggy mountaintop. Spooky castle, creaky floor -- who is opening the door?Is it a lurking, smirking Vampire? Or a howling, growling Werewolf? One by one, a ghoulish gang climbs onto this super jet-fueled broomstick for a frightfully fun flight on Halloween night.Want to hop aboard? There might be room for just one more.
3. The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything by Linda D. Williams
Once upon a time, there was a little old lady who was not afraid of anything! But one autumn night, while walking in the woods, the little old lady heard . . . clomp, clomp, shake, shake, clap, clap. And the little old lady who was not afraid of anything had the scare of her life!
4. Scary, Scary Halloween
by Eve Bunting Four pairs of eyes stare from the blackness to watch fearsome creatures trick-or-treat.
5. We're Off to Find the Witch's House by Richard Krieb
It?s Halloween night, and as the moon rises, four children set off to find the witch?s house. on their way they encounter a host of silly, spooky characters, from a skittle-skattling skeleton to a shirking, lurking Dracula. Can they make it all the way to the witch?s house? or will their fears get the best of them? this humorous take on a favorite holiday begs to be read aloud again and again.
6. The Night Before Halloween by Natasha Wing "'Twas the night before Halloween, and all through the house, All the creatures were stirring, except for the mouse.The monsters had gathered to plan and prepare,For the trick-or-treaters who soon would be there?."Little monsters and goofy goblins take center stage in this silly, spooky spin on Clement C. Moore's beloved poem.
7. Halloween Night
by Marjorie Dennis Murray Trick or treat!It's Halloween night and all are preparing, for a wickedly wonderful evening of scaring. With zombies and banshees and mummies galore, read this book once and you'll come back for more!
8. There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Bat!
by Lucille Colandro
What won't this old lady swallow? This time around, a bat, an owl, a cat, a ghost, a goblin, some bones, and a wizard are all on the menu! This Halloween-themed twist on the classic "little old lady" books will delight and entertain all brave readers who dare to read it!
9. Turkey Trick or Treat by Wendi Silvano
Everyone loves Halloween candy—even Turkey. But how can he and his barnyard friends get any when the farmers give it out only to children? With a costume, of course! As his pals look on, Turkey comes up with one clever costume after the next. Each trick gets better and better...but will Turkey and his friends end up with any treats? This hilarious companion to Turkey Trouble and Turkey Claus is filled to the brim with holiday fun.
10. Splat the Cat: What Was That?
by Rob Scotton
Splat the Cat and his friends have a Halloween adventure in Splat the Cat: What Was That?, a lift-the-flap book by Rob Scotton, creator of the beloved Russell the Sheep.
Halloween should be a black cat’s favorite holiday, but Spat the Cat is nervous about visiting a creepy haunted house. He’s worried it will be too scary. Splat’s friend Spike tells Splat not to be a scaredy-cat—the haunted house is just for fun!
Splat and Spike’s visit to the haunted house turns into a rescue mission when Splat’s pet mouse, Seymour, gets lost inside. Kids will relate to Splat’s apprehension about visiting a haunted house and they’ll enjoy the exciting surprises under every flap in the funny, spooky book.
11. Ten Timid Ghosts
by Jennifer O'connell
It's Halloween, and ten timid ghosts in a haunted house have a problem: A mean witch is preparing to move in and scare them away, one by one! Young trick-or-treaters learn to count from ten to one as each ghost flies away from the witch's spooky tricks. Will the ghosts figure out how to frighten the witch away in time for Halloween night?
12. Happy Halloween, Curious George
by H. A. Rey
Halloween is here, and Curious George is getting ready for the big night. There are so many costumes to try on, treats to share, and games to play! George has so much Halloween fun picking out the perfect pumpkin, decorating his house, and celebrating with his friends that he’s not sure he’s ready for the day to end. Follow the little monkey through his fun-filled day with this book of poems. Happy Halloween, Curious George is a sweet treat to help Curious George fans of all ages get in the Halloween spirit.
13. Five Little Pumpkins
by Dan Yaccarino
Come roll with the pumpkins and their friends as they get into some spirited fun!
14. ABCs of Halloween
by Patricia Reeder Eubank
A colorful and engaging Halloween-themed romp through the letters of the alphabet.
Two endearing black cats lead children through the alphabet, each letter supplying new words for the Halloween season.
15. Just Say Boo!
by Susan Hood
If three dinosaurs roar when you open your door, what do you say? "Boo!" of course! In this charmingly spooky story little trick-or-treaters learn just what to say in every Halloween situation. From rattling bones to ghostly footsteps, For if a skeleton groans as she rattles her bones, what do you say? BOO!
Of Course These Are Classic Favorites As Well
My kids Love to Read and to be Read too. These are some of our favorite Holiday books we have read. What are your kids favorite Halloween Books??